I seriously can NOT believe we are here already! Where did my babies go?!

Saturday, August 21, 2010

K-I-S-S-I-N-G....

It's been about three months since my son and his childhood friend announced that they were "going out."  By announced, I mean they were outed by an older brother. 

So far, there have been no dates and no requests to take them anywhere on a date.

There have, however, been a couple of phone calls, a gazillion text messages, and one trip to the mall with friends to see a movie.  Hmmm, I guess that would be considered a date.

Their "relationship" seems mostly unchanged and the closest they've come to being a couple, other than in school, is one city block.  Literally.  Exactly four houses away.  She lives on one corner, we live on the other. 

I recently asked a question that I really didn't want the answer to.  I jokingly asked Evan if he and Katie had kissed yet.  While expecting him to keel over in horror, he matter of factly replied "y-eeahhh" but it sounded like "d-uuhh."

REALLY?!  Who said they could do that?  Kissing in 7th grade?  Is that when it all starts? 

I guess the answer would be "d-uuhh."

I drew in a deep breath before forcing out the next question, "like french-kissed?"  That's when he almost keeled over in horror.

"Ewwwww, Noooo!"

2 comments:

  1. AHAHAHAHA! Too funny, Jodi!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed it, Jodi! Made me think back to the last year my son went to summer camp up in the Berkshires and the day I drove up to bring him home, there he stood, in all his glory, with a "love bite" on his neck.

    $4000 for a summer of sin.

    ReplyDelete